Did you know that courts have found that due to the wording on their employment contract, employees have been entitled to payments and compensation never intended by the employer? This has included:
- a bonus upon resignation, which the employer believed was discretionary only;
- refusing to relocate to a different location of work;
- compensation when the employer failed to follow their discrimination policy.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- What makes a good Employment Contract?
- What is a “Letter of Offer”?
- Are employment contracts mandatory?
- Are Verbal contracts legal?
- How do employment contracts interact with other documents? E.g. modern Awards, Minimum Wage Orders, Enterprise Agreements, company policies and the NES.
- What is included in an employment contract?
- Can an employment contract provide for less than the legal minimums?
- How often should an employment contract be reviewed?
The workshop is suitable for owner/operators, managers and anyone with responsibility for payroll and or employment recruitment (including contract negotiations & performance management).
Workshops will be held in the following locations:
- Clare (Clare Country Club, Courtyard Room - White Hut Road, Clare)
- Adelaide (Arkaba Hotel, Board Room -150 Glen Osmond Rd, Fullarton)
- McLaren Vale
The venues will be confirmed closer to the date of the workshop.