If you are planning to engage labour hire staff and contractors during vintage, do you know your obligations under employment and workplace laws?
What preparations do you need to do in relation to work health and safety and the engagement of labour hire staff, contractors and migrant workers? Do you know how to roster and engage your employees in the most cost effective way during vintage?
To assist wine industry employers in managing their obligations, the South Australian Wine Industry Association is offering a briefing on the Wine Industry Award 2010, the Fair Work Act 2009, migration law amd work health and safety across South Australia's wine regions during the month of December on the following dates.
- Barossa Valley (Tuesday 6 December) - Barossa Weintal Hotel, 235 Murray Street, Tanunda. NOTE: Change of Venue.
- Riverland (Wednesday 7 December) - TWG Loxton, Bookpurnong Road, Loxton SA 5333
- Adelaide Hills (Wednesday 7 December) - O'Leary Walker at the Historic Johnston Brewery, 18 Oakwood Rd, Oakbank.
- Clare (Thursday 8 December) - Mr Mick Cellar Door and Kitchen, 7 Dominic Street, Clare.
- McLaren Vale (Tuesday 13 December) - McLaren Vale Motel and Apartments, Cnr Main Rd & Caffrey St, McLaren Vale.
- Coonawarra (Wednesday 14 December) - Katnook Estate, "The Stables, Riddoch Highway Coonawarra
- Adelaide (Thursday 15 December) - SAWIA Office, Industry Offices, National Wine Centre, Botanic Road/Hackney Road Adelaide
The session will include practical scenarios, case studies and an ability to bring along your vintage roster or other ‘burning’ questions to get answers too. Participants will be asked upon registration to raise any issues they have and want addressed, including other awards relevant to their operations.
The workshops is suitable for owner/operators, managers’ and anyone with responsibility for payroll and or employment recruitment (including contract negotiations & performance management) and / or rostering.