To expand the cellar door experience more wineries are providing meals through a café or restaurant, on-site functions venues for birthday and wedding celebrations and on-site accommodation. However, award-coverage can be confusing, particularly where staff are undertaking work under more than one Modern Award and you may not be operating in the most effective manner under the relevant Moden Award.
Relevant to cellar door managers, restaurant, functions and events managers and owner/operators, the session will cover the following:
- Coverage: Hospitality, Restaurant and Wine industry Awards;
- Classification and grades - how do you grade your restaurant, hospitality and events staff;
- Working hours, rostering and breaks;
- Penalties, overtime and public holidays; and
- Wages and annual salaries.
Using case studies and real-life examples, the purpose is to give you the knowledge to navigate the Hospitality and Restaurant Awards in the most cost-effective way.
NOTE: Change in venue to Adelaide-location.
National Wine Centre, Industry Offices, Wine Australia, Hackney Rd, Adelaide