When you find yourself at a loose end with a difficult employee or situation, it is important to have some tools or tips from your “kit bag” to sort it out. While the tools or implementation are not always going to be easy or quick, the outcome can still be rewarding and cost effective on several levels.
SAWIA has developed this session to help you stock your manager or supervisor with a“kit bag” in order to deal with the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to managing employees. Collect tips and tools for improving or enhancing your skills of performance management, having a difficult conversation and setting and communicating boundaries – including the importance of providing feedback to employees.
- Recruiting – setting expectations
- Position descriptions and KPIs
- Undertaking performance management and performance reviews
- Having difficult conversations with employees
- Your role as a manager – from team member to team leader
- The importance of giving feedback
- Managing “termination” to minimise the risk of employee claims
- The unfair dismissal laws
- General Protections and Adverse Action Claims
- Fitness for work – inherent requirements of the job
- What is a “genuine” redundancy?
Vine Inn, 14-22 Murray St, Nuriootpa SA 5355