All you need to know about your obligations under the new Wine Industry Award 2020 during the vintage season.
Preparations for vintage 2021 are in full swing. But have you thought about your obligations, rights and responsibilities when engaging your vintage labour?
Tailored to assist wine industry employers across Australia in preparation for the 2021 vintage season, this briefing covers all you need to know about obligations and requirements under the new Wine Industry Award 2020, how to best manage your employment costs, and your obligations when engaging contractors and working holiday makers.
Having a detailed understanding of the new award will enable a business to make smarter staffing and rostering decisions, which are more cost-effective. This includes understanding the potential benefits of shift work, when overtime is payable, maximum ordinary hours in a day, casual versus permanent employees, and the benefits and risks of piecework arrangements.
Do you know:
• How to roster and engage your employees in the most cost-effective way during vintage?
• How to ensure that your employees are being paid correctly during vintage?
• Who is responsible for ensuring that migrant workers, including backpackers have a legal right to work in Australia?
• When contractors can be used, how much do you need to pay and whether they need to have a labour hire licence?
This briefing is suitable for managers, front line managers, supervisors, payroll and administration staff.
• SAWIA/WGCSA member - $110 ($121 inc GST)
• Member of State Wine Industry Association (NSW, VIC, TAS, WA and QLD) - $110 ($121 inc GST)
• Non-member - $210 ($231 inc GST)
This session will be run at the following locations and times. Be one step ahead of the game and register at your preferred location below:
• McLaren Vale - 1 December 2020 - Tuesday - Location: Wirra Wirra (In the RS Wigley Room) 255 Strout Road, Mclaren Vale
• Barossa Valley - 3 December 2020 - Thursday - Location: Vine Inn, 14-22 Murray Street, Nuriootpa, Barossa Valley
• Webinar (online) - 7 December 2020 - Monday
• Langhorne Creek - 9 December 2020 - Wednesday - Location: The Langhorne Creek Hub, 79 Bridge Road, Langhorne Creek
• Coonawarra - 16 December 2020 - Wednesday - Location: The Stables, Katnook Estate, Riddoch Highway, Coonawarra