A court decision has turned casual employment on its head, holding that a person engaged as a casual employee in fact was a permanent employee and therefore entiteld to paid leave and other entitlements.
To assist wine industry employers in managing this new challenge, this once-off briefing will cover the following:
- What is a true casual?
- What are the risks of casuals working regular and systematic hours?
- What do you do if a someone does not want to convert from casual employment?
- Clarifying casual conversion in writing
- The need for clarifying what entitlements the 25% casual loading compensates a casual for
- What is the future of casual employment in the wine industry?
- What alternatives to casual employment that offer the same flexibility?
- Coonawarra: Coonawarra Soldiers Memorial Hall 11 Memorial Dr, Coonawarra