Developed via collaboration between the South Australian Wine Industry Association (SAWIA) and Pinnacle Workplace Consultants, with additional funding provided by Wine Grape Council SA (WGCSA) and SA Health, our Fit4Work workshops will provide practical advice on topics including:
- Health and Fitness
- Musculoskeletal health (i.e. back, shoulders and knees
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Safe digging
- Safe tractor practices
These complimentary workshops are open to business owners, managers and staff and aim to educate vineyard workers on how to best protect themselves from injury while also helping grape-growing businesses to protect against financial risk by reducing their exposure to Return to Work premiums
We also encourage workers from the grape and wine industry across South Australia who:
- Work in the vineyard doing digging to tractor / harvester work, and / or
- Training or supervising vineyard workers who are performing this type of work,
to find out how to effectively implement this programme to reduce injuries to vineyard workers.
The workshop will take you through the online (mobile friendly) Fit4Work Musculoskeletal Health Programme which will show:
- The risks around musculo-skeletal injuries for common vineyard activities (iethe use of your back, shoulder and leg muscles whilst digging); and
- The signs and potential effects of fatigue, heat stress and / or mental health; and
How these things can be managed by the individual, the work group and the employer.