The training will offer a practical application of safety legislation and what would be expected of them and the people they manage to ensure a safe workplace. Topics to be covered in the workshop include:
- Knowing what a "notfiable incident" is and when you need to notify SafeworkSA
- The importance of positive safety performance
- Interpret and apply relevant health and safety legislation
- Understand roles and responsibilities within the workplace, including duties and the concept of due diligence
- Apply principles of risk management, consultation and incident response to practical situations
- Know what legislation enforcement measures are in place
As part of the training, participants will receive the most current SAWIA’s WHS Guidelines updated this year to include practical information about the chain of responsibility and the Return to Work system in SA.
The WHS Guidelines are a package of information and tools that guide you through how to set up a safety system specific to your workplace – you just take out the parts you need! The Guidelines tell you what must be done and how to do it, and provide numerous sample policies, SOPs, forms and checklist as well as a self-audit tool.
Who should attend?
- CEO’s; Business owners; Directors; Senior Managers; Finance Managers; HR Managers; WHS Managers and Coordinators; Health and Safety Representatives and anyone with a responsibility for health & safety at the worksite.