Help to grow your business
What is the program?
SAWIA, on behalf of the South Australian Government (through Primary Industries and Regions SA), is delivering the South Australian Wine Business Growth Program to support small enterprises with annual turnover between $300,000 and $3,000,000.
The program aims to accelerate business growth, through expert business evaluation and coaching services, for activities that otherwise would not have been undertaken.
Part 1 - Business evaluation
Eligible businesses receive a comprehensive business evaluation, at no cost, that includes a site visit, consultancy and business evaluation report. This report provides recommendations on how to improve the business by enabling growth, including enhancing management skills that would benefit from coaching.
Part 2 - Business coaching
Eligible and accepted businesses receive a funding grant that covers the cost of hiring expert business coaching services specific to the business improvement recommendation(s). This is capped at $10,000.
Businesses are required to co-contribute a minimum of 25% of the total cost of the business coaching services upfront.
Businesses are able to choose a coaching service provider that meets pre-determined criteria, and receive one-on-one coaching as well as assistance with initiating the action plan. As part of this, coaching can help one or more staff learn the required skills needed to address the business improvement recommendations.
Part 3 - Eligibility
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be a financially viable and solvent South Australian registered wine business;
- have been in operation for 2 years or more and be incorporated in Australia with non-tax exempt status;
- have products and markets with the potential to expand;
- undertake post farm gate value adding activity, including making wine and brandy from grapes, wine tourism and other qualifying activities;
- be willing to provide information and data, including financial information, to enable sound business evaluation;
- have an annual turnover between $300,000 and $3,000,000; and
- have some level of existing planning for growth which would benefit from independent review.
Applications are processed on a “first in first served” basis, with a limited number of opportunities available.